11.16.2016

Archangel's Heart by Nalini Singh

I know I have reviewed some of the books in this series, but the most recent one just came out and I am DYING. 
One of the most vicious archangels in the world has disappeared. No one knows if Lijuan is dead or has chosen to Sleep the long sleep of an immortal. But with her lands falling into chaos under a rising tide of vampiric bloodlust, a mysterious and ancient order of angels known as the Luminata calls the entire Cadre together to discuss the fate of her territory.

Accompanying her archangelic lover Raphael to the Luminata compound, guild hunter-turned-angel Elena senses that all is not as it seems. Secrets echo from within the stone walls of the compound, and the deeper Elena goes, the uglier the darkness. But neither Raphael nor Elena is ready for the brutal truths hidden within—truths that will change everything Elena thinks she knows about who she is…

Nothing will ever be the same again.
You can purchase it here on Amazon: Archangel's Heart (A Guild Hunter Novel)

So this book was AMAZING. now if anyone knows me at all or if anyone follows my (rare-ish) comments on Goodreads, then you know that I have a major thing for Illium and Aodhan. I just want the two of them to be together forever (who knows if Miz. Singh will give me that though). I was beyond pleased that we got to get to know Aodhan better in this novel. He had always been interesting to me with his horrific past, but I didn't really feel like I got the essence of who he was until this book. You see him through everyone else's eyes up until now, and he is a lot less calm and fragile then you originally think. I really really like him.

That aside, it was lovely revisiting the main pairing of this series Elena and Raphael. They are discovering new abilities and kicking major ass in the process. I love it when Archangels get pissed when someone over steps their bounds. Don't we all wish we could just smite the people who drive us crazy. The Duo go into what qualifies as a religious sect for the angels, and realize that not everything is how it seems.

I wish we could have gotten to know the other Archangels a little better. We know most of them in passing but it would have been interesting to get to know them a bit more.

The only drawback that I found in this one was that since Elena and Raphael's romance is very set in stone, I wanted to see new romance *cough* Illium/Aodhan *cough*.

I still enjoyed myself and I would definitely say that this book was 5 stars!!






No comments:

Post a Comment