11.30.2016

Obsidian (New Species, Book 8) by Laurann Dohner

         I finally got to read this!! I know that I keep repeating how much I love this author and her series, but I love the New Species.
         Dr. Allison Baker is obsessed with saving the comatose New Species male. She has tried everything and there’s only one option left. Alli will break every rule and put her life in danger by tempting 880 to wake, using only her feminine scent and touch. She just has to kidnap him and crawl into bed with him to make it work.
         880 wakes in a different world with a small female who’s been sleeping beside him, caressing him and wrapping her sweet body around his, teasing his senses. He lies silent and still, listening and evaluating each arousing touch, fighting his body’s reaction. Hatred flares when he discovers she’s human, but Mercile stole everything from him so he decides it’s fair to take her in return.
         But things quickly change and he wants her at his side and in his bed. 880 has chosen a new name—Obsidian—the personification of dark and dangerous. He’ll fight them all to keep her and no one will stand in his way of taking a new mate as well.
Click to view on Amazon: Obsidian (New Species Book 8)
         Ok, I loved this book, but I don't know if that was because I liked the story or if I just liked it because I like the idea of the New Species. I mean I know these books are quick reads, but I felt like everything went lightening fast, and that the description didn't properly describe the plot of the book.  The description makes it seem like there was going to be a lot more action than there ended up being.
         Yeah, she wakes him up because he smells her and thinks she is his mate; and, yeah, he falls for her... but he doesn't really do much to keep her. I mean, he does threaten people when they do try and take her, but when push came to shove they took her from him so easily. That frustrated me. I wanted him to kill that dumb ass shrink who said that she was raping and molesting him and everything. I understand that it is wrong to take advantage of a patient's emotional state, but she did everything in her power not to do that. Alli constantly stopped him and told him he needed to rethink things, and that she didn't want to take advantage of him. Obsidian basically coerced her into sleeping with him every time. She was always the one who said no. And then when they were going to sign mate papers, she still said no because she wanted to give him a chance at getting to know life with out her. I don't know about you guys, but I don't really consider that taking advantage of someone. If anything, Obsidian took advantage of Alli. Ugh I hated that doctor, and I looooove having characters to hate.
         Speaking of which... What the hell is up with that girl Kit? I don't remember her in the last book (But I will go back and look) but what the hell. What kind of bitch does something like that. She is a New Species herself, so she knows that once a male imprints a female he has no interest in anyone else, so why the hell did she keep hitting on Obsidian? It pissed me off so much! And to just say that because Alli was human she was no good, right in front of Alli and to Alli's mate (who is a guy who already has issues with humans). If I was there and if I had a gun, I would have shot her. I'm so serious.
         But I did like the book. I think what touches me most about the New Species is their devotion to their loved ones, whether they be friends or mates. Once they become attached to someone they are extremely devoted and protective. I think that is an amazing trait and while Laurann Dohner does seem to vilify humans, I do think that humans could learn a lot from the New Species.

I loved it and give it 5 stars. (wow I am really on a 5 star roll)

No comments:

Post a Comment